Saturday 4 November 2017

Advent Calendar Craftiness

Hello Crafty Friends,

It's been a busy week here at the Zoo! We are once again on puppy countdown with only a week to go. Also with a week to go is Onstage Local.  I will be going up to the Gold Coast and can't wait to see other crafty friends at this amazing event. I will also be visiting my Son who lives up there. He has just had a birthday and it was the first time I haven't been there for his birthday. They grow up so quickly.....
Now, on to seriously crafty business.....
......Advent Calendars
I have had so much fun with these. Advent calendars are a tradition in my family. My three children have a fabric calendar that I made 12 years ago for them and every year on the 30th of November, we fill our calendars with sweets. It is one of the things my children look forward to about Christmas.

This year I decided in the theme of all things crafty, I would make one out of cardstock.  I was inspired by a picture I saw on the web, as soon as I can find it I will link to it.
The cover is made with thick chipboard and all the boxes are made with regular SU! cardstock.  These calendars fold to look like a book and they open up to display 24 little boxes where you store your treats.

1 comment: