Sunday 4 December 2016

The Artful Stampers and Pootlers Mega Blog Hop



Hi there crafty friends,
Welcome to my blog.
If you are hopping around the world with us, I hope you are enjoying all the amazing creations so far.

I absolutely love Christmas. For me it has always been a time that I've crafted with my children.  We make decorations, gifts and just about anything we can think of.  For my project today, I've combined my love of card making with my other passion, Scrapbooking. Inspired by the amazing Kathy Orta King, I've made my version of her Storybook Card.
Many years ago, we used to send our families and loved ones stories of our year at Christmas time. As we become busier, we have forgotten that lost art of remembering all the amazing things that have happened throughout the year.  And boy, have we had a action packed year here.



The construction of the Storybook card is surprisingly fast, It only took me approximately 4-5 minutes to make. There are only 3 sizes of cardstock and they just glue together with Tombow. The DSP I've used is Presents & Pinecones with accents of Real Red and Whisper White.  The stamp sets I've used were Cookie Cutter Christmas, Be Jolly By Golly, Christmas Pines, Greetings from Santa, Seasonal Bells, Stitched with Cheer, & Holly Berry as well as their co-ordinating punches and dies.
The fun is in the decorating. I've decorated with Stampin' Up! products and kept it current.  I really enjoy making my own backgrounds and patterned papers.  Another option is using Project Life cards to really speed up the decorating of the project.  It's also a great way to use up scraps.






Check out the video!

The box envelope is made using just one 12" X 12" piece of cardstock.  I will be posting a tutorial soon as to how I made my album and envelope.


I hope you enjoy my project and please check out our next amazing crafter.
A big thank you to Sam and Alisa for arranging this blog hop. You guys rock!
Till next time,
Stay Crafty,
XO Tan





7 comments: